25 November 2020

150 years of the Board of Works of the Guadalquivir Estuary and Port of Seville

The Royal Decree for the creation of the Board of Works of the Guadalquivir Estuary and Port of Seville was passed 150 years ago, on 25 November 1870. This institution was behind the modernization of the port and transformation of the city. It operated for over a century, until the founding of the Port Authority of Seville in 1993.

To celebrate this important date, the Port Authority of Seville has restored the historic tugboat CAPER 3 to return it to the urban-port landscape and has opened José Delgado Brackenbury street in honour of the prolific head engineer of the Board of Works.

In a commemorative act with the presence of the chairman of the Port Authority, Rafael Carmona; the Mayor of Seville, Juan Espadas; the Councillor for Culture and Historical Heritage, Patricia del Pozo; and the members of the Board of Administration of the Port Body, the authorities recalled the main projects that modernized the city and the port, such as the transformation of the river in docks and the construction of the docks of Nueva York, Tablada and Delicias.

Gallery

Subscribe to the newsletter of the Port Authority of Seville

Autoridad Portuaria de Sevilla
Avenida de Moliní, 6 41012 Sevilla (España)
T +34 954 24 73 00
F +34 954 24 73 43
@ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.